Friday, May 29, 2015

Quote of the Week



Amen and Amen......

So often I find myself saying this to students.  We have a THINK poster we made and put in all the classrooms last year -
Ask yourself -
Is it true?
Is it helpful?
Is it inspiring?
Is it necessary?
Is is kind?

If everyone asked themselves those five questions before speaking, we'd have a lot less issues to deal with on a daily basis.  Getting students to understand that it may be true, but it isn't kind and therefore, they should keep it to themselves is difficult.  Sometimes the best things are left unsaid, right?

My prayer is like the psalmist in Psalm 141:3, "Set a guard, O Lord,  over my mouth,  Keep watch over the door to my lips!".

If we would join in praying this, perhaps many unnecessary problems would be avoided!

No comments:

Post a Comment