Our theme this year has been based on Proverbs 28:1, "The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as lions". We have incorporated this into chapel services, class lessons, athletics and even t-shirts. It is our sincere hope that our students (and families) have been inspired to stand boldly in their faith and proclaim God's truth whatever their circumstances may be.
We strive for academic excellence at our school. We want to continue to set high standards and equip our students to meet them. I am blessed to work with amazing staff and faculty that give sacrificially of themselves.
Here are some of our highlights from this year:
• 4th graduating class in our high school
• 10% enrollment increase from 2013-14 school year
• Two students qualifying for the Governor's Scholar Program and Governor's School for the Arts
• Winning seasons for HS basketball, baseball and soccer
• Many individual achievements for students in essay contests, speech meets, spelling bees, piano and music festivals, KMEA All State Chorus, World Jr. Olympics Gold Medalist in TaeKwonDo, Gymnastics Medalists, and more
• At least 15 students who were baptized and gave their life to Christ this year
• Connections to at least 10 different ministries and mission organizations through our homeroom service projects
• HVAC installation in our gymnasium and phase 3 areas to provide for growth in much-needed classroom space
• Addition of a part-time High School Math teacher to meet increasing demands in high school
• Addition of a full-time Middle School Language Arts and History teacher to meet increasing demands in middle school
• An amazing Evening of Art displaying the visual and musical art talents of our students
• Drama and musical productions by our students
• Another year of Xtreme Week with 8 different courses for students to choose from and participate in for the week
God continues to go before us and provide in so many ways. We are so grateful and want to always give honor to him for all he does for us. We pray 2015-16 will continue to be successful and we go forward, knowing we are doing nothing what he is calling us to do.
Thank you so much to those who willingly partner with us to make our school a wonderful place to serve, learn and grow.