Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Quote of the Week - Silence is Golden

I do this!!! Sometimes people mistake it as if I agree with them - but I don't think it's important for me to give my opinion and silence is better. KR:

In our culture today, anything and everything we say and do is on display.  You never know when someone is taking your photograph, videotaping you,
using a drone, taking a screenshot of your text conversation, etc.

Often, we feel the need to give our opinion on EVERYTHING.  Truthfully, I listen most to those who speak less.  I have learned that when they speak, it is
typically important and their words well-chosen and composed.

Why don't we choose to be a people that relies more on God's word than our own?

Why don't we choose to be a people that are truly "quick to listen, slow to speak and
slow to become angry" as James 1:19 encourages us to be?

Why don't we choose to simply LISTEN and be still rather than shout and stomp our feet?

Why don't we choose to let our actions truly speak louder than our words?

Let me challenge you-- take an opportunity to remain silent today. Pray instead. Ask God to guide you and know when to speak and when to take a stand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment