Friday, April 8, 2016

Reading Rewards at Lunch

Mrs. Messenger, our librarian, issued a reading challenge to our students over a month ago. The goal was for them to each read 20 books. At each five book interval, they could earn a reward. One of the rewards for reading twenty books was getting to eat lunch with the Principal.

I have had 9 third grade girls come eat with me so far. I have several kindergarteners and fourth/fifth graders lined up to come eat next week with me.  One day I had five girls together and they wanted to take a picture, so here we are:


I love that our kids want to read. I appreciate that our staff encourage reading at every opportunity. As an avid reader myself, it is so important for our students to develop as strong readers with a desire to be lifelong learners!

No comments:

Post a Comment