Thursday, December 15, 2016

Breakin' Out

My Step-Up Class (gifted class for 6th, 7th and 8th graders) is currently doing a unit on problem solving and escape games.


I found this board game - Escape the Room.  It has four different simulations and you have 60 minutes to "break out" of the room.  There are a serious of clues, questions, information and more.  You work to solve which keys go in the decoder box and in the right order.  If you solve it correctly before the 60 minutes expire, you win.


The students are working in small groups to solve the puzzles.  This requires problem solving skills, critical thinking, planning, communication and teamwork.

Our next project is building our own Breakout Games followed by a trip to one of the actual Escape room locations in Lexington.


I love watching my students apply life-skills to real situations and work through hard problems!


1 comment:

  1. And I love your creative teaching methods!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete